Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap WATCH to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LISTEN to start the live stream.

Thanks for logging in.

You can now click/tap LATEST NEWS to start the live stream.

LISTEN
Watch
on air now

Create a 2GB account today!

You can now log in once to listen live, watch live, join competitions, enjoy exclusive 2GB content and other benefits.


Joining is easy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Will the Golden Slipper go ahead? Chief Steward explains

Article image for Will the Golden Slipper go ahead? Chief Steward explains

The richest race for two-year-olds is in doubt with a deluge of up to 100ml to hit Sydney at the weekend.

Racing NSW Chief Steward Marc Van Gestel will make the final call, and told Jim Wilson there’s still a good chance the Golden Slipper can be run at Rosehill.

“At this stage, our intention is to proceed.

“We’ll conduct an inspection tomorrow afternoon at the track at about 3pm … and then there’ll be a further assessment conducted on the morning of Saturday to ascertain whether the meeting gets the green light or not.

“We do have a very detailed weather forecast system that the ATC uses, and that indicates that during the time that we’re racing about 15ml of rain is expected.”

If the races do need to be postponed, racegoers will be immediately notified via the ATC website and social media channels, he said.

Click PLAY below to hear the full interview

Image: Mark Evans/Getty Images

Jim Wilson
Advertisement